I KILLED HIM WITH MY BARE HANDS!

And then I watched School of Rock, a movie of the ilk that only Hollywood can make best (due to enormous licensing fees for the music--only they can afford Led Zep, etc)

But it's a great movie, f*cking laughed my balls off, and also saw my good pal Mike Fewx in the opening club scene as one of the hipsters. Though we were both hired to do background (be extras) because we're both in SAG (Screen Actors Guild), Mike usually gets placed in the foreground somewhere -- he's in almost every movie that's shot in New York.

So, yesterday, sitting in Mondo Burger, I took out my newly sharpened pencil, ordered a special 'Three Ply Burger" (three layers of meat, but what kind of meat?) and scoped out my potential lesson for the day, which I'd teach to my private student, a cool dude from the Ministry of Finance.

He pays me an unheard of fee which is actually slightly higher than I earned recently in the States. But still, think about this: I have a better quality of life, thus far, in a third world country than I had in the US -- and I'm not an NGO guy!

Anyway, regarding my student, the other day I went to his house to teach him and he invited me first for lunch. We ate small, giddy looking catfish which lay, whiskers and fins trimmed -- upon the plate.

"Beef Soup?"
"Why certainly"

And so we ate, an odd, tinny Cambodian soap on TV.

"The curve of that girls leg reminds me of the girl I brought home from Martini's. Taught, firm. As is the meat of this fish."
I thought, while digging for the last moreseled cake of flesh that lay behind the fish's cheek.

AGAIN, I WILL TELL YOU: I KILLED HIM WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Later that afternoon, as I slunk past the sleeping cyclo drivers, I bought a sliced pineapple for a thousand Riel - 25 cents - and gobbled its juicy flesh down my parched and sticky gullet, cause I cannot just turn on the faucet and get drinkable running water, I have to boil and then chill the water in gruelling, complicated regimens to quench my thirst, the thirst which feeds my myriad pores.

Thus, like my primate friends whose families slink overhead on the powerlines around Phnom Penh to steal the lunches of dozing workmen, I attempt to get my nourishment from the pulp of fruit (and fruit-like vegetables.)

No movies today, more waiting for money to come through; but now just about ready to buy 250 gigs to start digitizing and editing the long awaited cut of Susan Hero--

AND THEN I KILLED HIM WITH MY BARE HANDS!!!

Popular posts from this blog

:: Stills, Video, and Other Content from CAMBOFEST's Historic 3rd Edition ::

The CamboFest Story: a behind the scenes look at Cambodia's first internationally recognized film festival, CamboFest